View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 1st, 2014, 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Twitter 

Post Twitter
Hey !

I guess you all already know about twitter...

Who's got an account ?

Do follow :p

http://twitter.com/ValentensTales

Cheers,
Val

January 20th, 2010, 12:14 am
Profile WWW

http://twitter.com/padrak

January 20th, 2010, 12:03 pm
Administrator

January 20th, 2010, 12:26 pm

January 20th, 2010, 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

@Echon> too bad :s ;)

January 20th, 2010, 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Link? I think I was clear. I hate twitter, I don't use it or endorse its use. I don't want to know what anyone is doing every second. I don't need to know when anyone starts/stops shitting. :lol:
Nah, I think I just follow Andy Winter's twitter because he has 3 or 4 updates only and will remain like that for some time I guess...

January 20th, 2010, 8:03 pm

Twitter... one more crappy interaction thing that participative-networking has brought us... Who gives a shit?
Myspace, facebook, youtube, now twitter? Give me a break. Get a life.

January 20th, 2010, 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Twitter... one more crappy interaction thing that participative-networking has brought us... Who gives a shit?
Myspace, facebook, youtube, now twitter? Give me a break. Get a life.

Well, all those things CAN be used very positively, but since the majority of humans is like it is, it will be used in shitty manner.

I use myspace, facebook & the tube and let me illustrate what I think are the GOOD parts:

Myspace: AWESOME for sampling bands, even for bands that maybe 5 people heard of. I use it only for that and is VERY useful to me

Facebook: I ignore the stupid shit and just have fun with my pseudo philosopher/comedian friends. Intellectual, interesting and funny stuff come out of it (though, on purpose, I have only a few friends, which are fun and I don't hear from the people with these kind of messagges "Look at my hawt picz!!")

Youtube: though there is a great presence of shite, there are tons of fun, intelligent and creepy shit on it. Just ignore the shite, like on space and face

But I find twitter useless... though this is funny http://twitter.com/helen_Keller

All in all, it's all about how people use something. Look at the amount of bad music out there man, does that discourage you from enjoying the good music?

Last edited by Jaunting Head on January 20th, 2010, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 20th, 2010, 9:16 pm
Profile WWW

@Adryuu> oh I had read "I have twitter" lol

January 20th, 2010, 9:19 pm
Profile WWW

Obviously not, as you can observe.
Yet none of these things are actually indispensable to find good music. Also, I like to think of myself as being somehow enlightened, and I find indulging in this kind of socialization/networking crap to be quite the loathing matter.

January 20th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Profile WWW

@Jaunting Head:
I like to think of myself as being somehow enlightened, and I find indulging in this kind of socialization/networking crap to be quite the loathing matter.

Well, if you want to be enlightened, you have to have an open mind. I don't get to see my friends frequently, nor even chat with them, so I find (i.e.) facebook as a good substitute for socializing(until the real thing comes around). Either facebook or a forum, same crap basically. It would be either that or not hearing from anybody for some time, I prefer this.

Tube comes great for finding interesting things, not just music. For example I found some very creepy and interesting children cartoons (from our cartoons thread :lol:)

January 20th, 2010, 9:29 pm
Profile WWW

Well, if you want to be enlightened, you have to have an open mind.

First off, I disagree with your statement: open-mindedness isn't the answer or the key to being "enlightened" as we put it.
Secondly, having an opinion (as harsh as it may seem) does not disable one from being open-minded, now does it? Please refer to my musical tastes for that: while I have very strong (and sometimes unjustified) opinions on music doesn't disable me from listening to many different things. But I don't do that for the mere sake of open-mindedness (= political correctness?), rather that just simply enjoying stuff.
The debate is futile; I see your points, but I sure won't apply them to me: it's a matter of viewpoint and at a lesser extent, of elitist-jerk integrity. I have no problem with the latter, hehe.

Ergo, I despise these networking webfeces, and I don't see why anybody who sees a little bit further than his nose would want to use it.

January 20th, 2010, 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

open-mindedness (= political correctness?)

I don't see that, even on that context. To my understanding, you are open minded just for the fact that you don't automatically eliminate certain kind of music for not being "your thing". I mean, if you try before having an opinion, you have opened your mind to something new, be the experience succesful or not. Close-mindedness is, to me, to not let anything outside of your own-imposed bounds to enter your mind. You say you listen several kinds of music, so you kind of open your mind to them. If you like them or not, it's not relevant to the act of opening your mind to let them enter, if they fill your expectations.

Matter of concepts.

Back on topic, I use myspace as my bands-news source. If I want to know about a band's news and the band's on myspace, I add that band. I have very, very few friends on myspace. All of them people I know from other places and I don't use it to communicate. As a music creator, I find it useful, although I don't make much use of it (also I do not make much music :lol:). But faceboob and all that shit is useless crap to me.

January 20th, 2010, 10:11 pm

jb wrote:
open-mindedness (= political correctness?)

I don't see that, even on that context. To my understanding, you are open minded just for the fact that you don't automatically eliminate certain kind of music for not being "your thing". I mean, if you try before having an opinion, you have opened your mind to something new, be the experience succesful or not. Close-mindedness is, to me, to not let anything outside of your own-imposed bounds to enter your mind. You say you listen several kinds of music, so you kind of open your mind to them. If you like them or not, it's not relevant to the act of opening your mind to let them enter, if they fill your expectations.

I strongly disagree that open-mindedness=political correctness. Adryuu explains all very well, I don't need to add anything else on that matter.

Plus, I don't endorse political correctness of any kind (if you knew me, you'd hear some rather disturbing & extremely offensive jokes by now, which I refrain from doing on this forum :lol:).

@Adryuu: I'd like to be faceboobed :lol:

January 20th, 2010, 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

First off, I disagree with your statement: open-mindedness isn't the answer or the key to being "enlightened" as we put it.

I didn't say it was an ANSWER/KEY but it's certainly PART of the "solution". Letting your mind consider all possible solutions, no matter how you feel on some, is a GOOD thing and it's needed if you want to search for some "higher answers". But if you don't feel that's true, ok, my intention is not to preach but to debate/share

jb wrote:
Secondly, having an opinion (as harsh as it may seem) does not disable one from being open-minded, now does it?

No, but do you really think there could not be a positive use for (i.e.) facebook? I hate all the crap that's on it, but I still found that there is a positive way to use it (not only that, but I am experiencing it). Writing philosophical essays, stories, debating, sharing interesting information (science, music, interesting trivia), mini-internet book clubs etc. is not what I call essentially crap. Is it crap?
As I said, me and my friends use it as a forum, so, unless you have something against forums too, I'm thinking you're not having an open mind about it, IMHO

Not that there isn't a bunch of more intellectual stuff to do, but I hope you see my point.

Anyway, I get why you 2 don't like it (and I'm not cuckoo about it, I'm just an advocate for looking at all the possibilities), but it's not all shite, people that are shite make the shite, other do good stuff with it(as with all things in life)

January 20th, 2010, 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next