View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Drugs 

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal024.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ce/

November 18th, 2009, 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

Narttram wrote:
I then usually did it with one of my tripping buddies but we both were i different rooms, so if anything happened we had someone to talk to but basically we could trip and explore alone... and there is nothing motre important to me but to smoke a joint with a buddy and talk about the trip while coming down.

Do you listen to music when you trip alone in the room? What kind of music do you prefer with 2c-e? I like the idea of two friends being in separate rooms but knowing that they are not alone. Good idea!

I usually listen to music as it provides a nice "anchor to reality" if my thought process gets uncomfortable in any way I concentrate on the music, also turning it on/off or changing it provides a nice fast way to drastically change the setting if you are stuck in a loop.
I think tripping in silence would be more advisable if you are set for pure introspection but I tend to enjoy my trips more with some music playing.
2c-e is not as much an music enhancer as acid or shrooms but the very clear mindset allows for great dissecting an analysing of "complex" sounds. I absolutely love sonic youth on it (as with any psychedelic), but I think you can pretty much listen to anything you like.

Merry go round your head - awake, asleep, alive, or dead.

November 20th, 2009, 4:47 pm
Profile ICQ

The funny thing is that cigarettes used to have that function for me, especially if i experienced extremne time dilation I always knew how long I would need to take one "hit" of my cig but since I stopped smoking I am left with music and puzzling (which is amazing while coming down from anything psychedelic, especialla psilocybin)

November 21st, 2009, 12:39 pm
Profile ICQ

Ok I thought this was so strange that I wanted to share it with the ones reading this thread hehe. It is a trip report from someone taking acid. Apparently, this took place in 1971.

"The incident which I relate occurred 28 years ago, but I still remember it as if it happened yesterday. I was tripping on acid on a weekend evening, and I was well on my way, being very stoned. I liked to walk over across the road from my house where there was a pond with an open field all around- no houses- and someone had built a gazebo in the middle of this pond, with a narrow wooden walkway out to it. I was enjoying the acid trip as I usually did, when suddenly, off in the horizon, I noticed a flaming round ball shooting thru the sky, then going behind some trees. The ball was an orange flame color, larger than say an airplane light would be if you saw it at night. This was way off in the horizon. Before I could think what in the hell was that, I felt a tremendous force over the pond- it was light and energy, and the force of it pushed my chin back, and forced me to lie down on my back in the grass at the edge of the pond. I couldn't look at it- the force was too great!

And then I heard a voice. It seemed to come from some place both inside and outside me. It said 'Don't look at me, or you will die!' At that time, I chose not to look at it and I lay there on the grass feeling this incredible force over me, pushing my chin back.

I felt tremendous exhilaration, but not fear. Then the voice said to me, 'Do you want to come with me? Or do you want to go back to your friends?' In that instant, I felt that if I went with the force, I would surely die. So I said 'I want to go back to my friends.' And I am sure that I did not move my lips, but the speaking was by thought except I could hear it.

In a moment, the force slowly began to lift up and fade away, and when it was gone, I got up and ran back to my house. My friends were there, and I told them what had happened, but they didn't believe me and they thought I was having a weird trip, though not a bad one. So I just accepted that they wouldn't believe me, but I know that it happened to me, and I can still remember it clearly 28 years later."

Source: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=1984

November 25th, 2009, 6:57 am
Profile WWW

This is an amazing example of the so-called semi-independent hallucinations. I think it is very frightening that they are able to "synchronise" optical, acoustic and "sensed" perceptions into one picture of an "alternate reality". Sadly they also are the culprit for most of the acid casualties, people who throw almost everything away to follow the "spiritual guidance" their own subconscious created for them to fill the existential need for spirituality provoked by postmodern society...
As some person excellently put it:

"the natural human state is to pick a set of beliefs and go with it. it is not NATURAL for human beigns to be rational persons, being able to comprehend things that the rest of humanity has not worked out yet. the natural state of human beings is to think crazy wacky thoughts that transcend what science would tell us, and also makes the world extend beyond life. so how can you blame them?

when you try psychedelics you will see that the world becomes meaningful in whole new ways... connections form vividly between everything. It seems way more real than 'real life' sometimes.

so how can you expect people/kids to understand this?

they know how to be skeptical of the 'real world' because people have been doing it for ages. theres so much existential bs about how we dont exist or how it is all an illusion.

but how are they to be skeptical about the drug world? people say 'its just a drug going into your brain'. but that is not the correct way of looking at it. a psychedelic experience is so much more meaningful than that. even if the process is caused by a drug molecule, doesnt mean psychedelic experiences are just a 'manifestation of a drug'. onthe contrary, the drug 'manifests' the deep threads of our inner mind. people realise this, and thus block out that initial skepticism that it is just a drug experience. they deny the skeptic and instead become highly faithful.

so how CAN ordinary people be skeptical of the psychedelic world when it seems more real than the 'real' world? when it appeals to infinity and absolute meaning? People dont, in general, have any sort of thought module that allows them to seek rational explinations for their psychedelic trips.

So it is easy to just accept these otherworldly, infinite explinations of the trip. not only does it make more sense than science (since science has nothing much to say about psychedelia), make the world seem much better place, but it also provides answers instead of more questions."

November 25th, 2009, 6:06 pm
Profile ICQ
Administrator

since i beleive the who shebang sbout htier being sub-space and extra dimensions...co-exisiting...so its just perception being enhnaced and allowing a glimpse of what is....

i refuse to beleive tis all in my head

December 1st, 2009, 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

none of this can be proven or disproven so tolerance is the only acceptable answer

December 1st, 2009, 9:52 pm
Profile ICQ

There, a new and very interesting documentary called Entheogen: awakening the divine within.

Entheogen pt. 1

The rest is easy to find, its in 7 parts so more than an hour of testimonies coming from people I found in some cases fascinating. Be patient at the beginning of part 1, it takes a little while but eventually you will be able to see the speakers. If you are interested by shamanism, psychology or philosophy, do not hesitate to watch this. There is even on long part about music in history related to self-transcendence.

December 2nd, 2009, 8:31 am
Profile WWW

For those of you who want to hear about what a DMT experience can be, come find out in this 10 minutes extract from an upcoming full-lenght documentary. It is quite amazing, to say the least:

DMT VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES

December 16th, 2009, 4:27 am
Profile WWW

At 8m23s into this documentary, Susan Blumenthal talks about her experience with DMT. For those who will not watch it, I have done the retranscription. I think it shows the seriousness of the whole DMT 'cosmic trip' experience...

"It was such a profound experience to have been out there, in deep space. I'm not the kind of person that would have expected this kind of experience. I mean, if someone were to tell me you're gonna take this drug that's gonna launch your consciousness, I would have expected that I would see angels and fairies, but not alien life forms. I have no interest in that. That's not part of... you know I've never liked science fiction, I've never been in any of those kind of things: it's not part of any sphere of my interest. But to be out there with these other life forms, these greater intelligences, was absolutely astonishing. This was first thing in the morning, and then later in the day, I had to be the chaperone on the first grade field trip for my son, and I'm looking at the whole world from this different perspective. I had been out in the universe so far beyond this earth plane, and now I'm back here trying to integrate with... the first grade class?"

Source: DMT VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE

December 16th, 2009, 4:54 am
Profile WWW

Terence McKenna believed DMT to be a tool that could be used to enhance communication and allow for communication with other-worldly entities. Other users report visitation from external intelligences attempting to impart information. These Machine Elf experiences are said to be shared by many DMT users.

In this 3m57s speech, McKenna is talking about it, and it's very interesting:

Terence MecKenna speaking about DMT

"The western mind is very queazy around these experiences that cast into doubt its cherished delusions about how reality is put together."

December 16th, 2009, 5:19 am
Profile WWW

Again, another video...

"I don't mean to scare anyone off, but these are bizarre dimensions of extraordinary power and beauty. People should be very careful."

December 16th, 2009, 5:27 am
Profile WWW

I don't think this will convince aVoid, but here is Terence Meckenna telling us why take psychedelic drugs.

Terence Mckenna - Why Take Psychedelics

December 16th, 2009, 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

I don't think this will convince aVoid, but here is Terence Meckenna telling us why take psychedelic drugs.

I'm fine thanks, I'll make my own decisions based on myself & myself only rather than a guy who believes

Quote:
DMT to be a tool that could be used to enhance communication and allow for communication with other-worldly entities

December 16th, 2009, 6:52 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm I wanted to ask you something. Are you posting all of these experiences because you are interested in them(but not using them) and wanted to share or because you are pro drug use?

This is just out of curiosity, no accusations(always interesting to get to know you guys)

December 16th, 2009, 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next