View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 3:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Festivals & concerts 2010 
Administrator

Post Festivals & concerts 2010
So, have you fellas got any plans for this summer/rest of the year, show-wise? Any highlights planned? Maiden & Alice Cooper at Wacken? ;)

Have little planned for myself where I'm not performing - however, the gig schedule for Deranged is pretty heavy. Came home from Mecklenburg-Vorpommern where we headlined the ARSCH CHOLIO festival this past Saturday, a lot of grindcore & punk at that place, no running water etc. Next week we're off to DEATH FEAST OPEN AIR in Hüxne, I think in the Ruhr area - a lot of Germany this year! Will be cool to play at a festival with highlights like DYING FETUS, SUFFOCATION, HAIL OF BULLETS, WACO JESUS etc... then there's LONDON DEATHFEST, OBSCENE EXTREME in Czech Republic (DOOM, INCANTATION, D.R.I., CRIPPLE BASTARDS...), which'll be a blast. Plus a three day tour through Essen, Antwerpen and Rotterdam, at festivals with bands like PESTILENCE, LENG T'SCHE and PROSTITUTE DISFIGURMENT. This summer will be bloody HEAVY. So... not really any room, money or energy for other festivals or concerts.

What about you other peeps? Will we meet in the moshpit at the above mentioned fests?

June 1st, 2010, 12:47 pm
Profile WWW

I'm in no way a concert- goer, this one Mayhem -- I wasn't even convinced about it, due to many personal and financial reasons.. I'd rather spend on cds and books, we're talking about standard.. It came to be something like unprecedented and it will remain such - this gig, people who convinced me to see.. we basically knew it's something like the last train from the last station.. the guy whose video of De Mysteriis.. I hope to be up on youtube was joking with me saying now I.. this could be the end of my "career" (after the show), you know.. he told me Attila would be too much for me (on the day before the show). Most reasons about myself not paying for such events can be summed up as extremes and I may be a moderate, even a mediocre type of human (constelation) .. these are conjunctions, the age is also a factor. But if you ask me why I didn't go to Anneke and Danny when they were here with their stuff, I can hardly tell you.. lots of things keep me unmotivated.. then on the other hand I felt motivation after Mayhem 's gig...

June 1st, 2010, 1:36 pm

Never been much of a concert-goer as well. Still, there is the Hell's Pleasure which looks pretty cool, it's rare to see a line-up with only good bands. Hope I can make this one.
Also the Kill Town Deathfest in Denmark in September... that would be great as well.

More info:
http://www.hellspleasure.de/
http://www.myspace.com/killtowndeathfest

Last edited by jb on June 11th, 2010, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 1st, 2010, 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

We´re doing shows with TODTGELICHTER at the UTBS and the Barther Metal Open air this year. Few other club-gigs planned, but the more we play live, the less do I have energy to go to something as a visitor.

June 1st, 2010, 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

We'll need youtube clips of you playing drums, Tentakel :) You must have gotten even better now that you're practicing so much! Or maybe not?

June 2nd, 2010, 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Ah, of course. Just try a youtube search for TODTGELICHTER, there are several clips. Each of them has shitty quality and are not official though, but that´s internet for you. The latest one is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0OczbGKW-Y

For anyone interested, today I´ll receive the master CD of our new album "Angst". That means, in a few days we´ll have a teaser trailer on our MySpace-site. Go check it!

June 2nd, 2010, 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Really looking forward to hear the new album. Some of the tunes from the previous one keep popping up in my head, takes a while to pinpoint them but anyway, that's an indicator of quality more than anything. Esp the intro/outro with ladyvox.

Btw, didn't you play a festival recently with GLORIOR BELLI as (co-)headliners? Played with them in Belgium in January, surprisingly good onstage - very unexpected presentation...

June 2nd, 2010, 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

The female vox on "Schemen" were done by my wife Marta, who got promoted to temporary band member, at least for the next output. She has a bigger part on this, vocals on three tracks and hammond organ on two other. She might not manage to do many concerts with us, but we´ll try to bring her on stage as much as we can in the future.

The festival with GLORIOR BELLI is next month, this is the UTBS near Berlin. We´ll see how it turns out, last years line-up was much more interesting to me, with LIFELOVER, URFAUST and DARKSPACE... I don´t even know most of the bands from this year. I suppose I´ll have to drink more then ;-) It is mostly a Black-Metal festival, and BM these days bores me to death so I´ll hang around backstage... But whatever, it´ll be a good gig, as we´ve played there before. Just that I am not that interested in watching the other bands. Bitchy me.

June 2nd, 2010, 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

hehe, how do you think I feel, playing with numerous identically-sounding "brutal/gore/slam death metal" bands with unreadable logos & blurry gory covers? :D
but look out for GB (or as Cirith Gorgor called them, Glorious Belly). they're surprisingly good.

congratulations to a musically talented wife! not all metal-bands succeed in letting partners on board with succesful results...

June 3rd, 2010, 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Going to see NURSE WITH WOUND tonight in Montreal.

This is the place where they're playing. Been a fan since I was a teenager, this is going to be SPECIAL!

June 3rd, 2010, 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

June 4th, 2010, 8:24 am
Profile WWW

The concert was AMAZING... I can't even describe everything they did... they're definitely not another ambient/noise band. It's something entirely different. They're a class of their own. And the movie they played during the set was downright surreal. They were: Steven Stapleton (guitar), Andrew Liles (guitar/machines), Matt Waldron (bass/machines) and Colin Potter (mixing everything live and adding weird sounds).

June 4th, 2010, 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Maybe I'll go to Hell's Pleasure for a heavy dose of old school metal like The Wounded Kings, Count Raven and of course inspiring new Negura-follow-up Dordeduh.

Swing Fest in Essen seems to become nice: http://www.denovali.com/swingfest/ If time allows... I guess there's a lot to discover. Celeste and Omega Massif seem to offer some individual darkness.

Anybody going to Juicy Beats? http://www.juicybeats.net
8)

June 11th, 2010, 12:24 pm
Profile WWW

July 7th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Hell's Pleasure was reasonably massive, despite Friday's rain and mud.

July 26th, 2010, 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next