View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fashion 
Administrator

Post Fashion
Oh noez!!! Well yes, I am sorry but I really felt the urge to discuss this topic with you people.

Completely useless? Completely awesome? Do you care about what you wear? Are you adamant about the metal way of clothing? Functional? Hip? Do you have favorite designers, shops or tipps for those among us who like it?

My personal feeling is that fashion is often misunderstood and misused for very shallow reasons obviously, such as trying to create a sense of egoistic sense of self.
However, some people, like me haha, who have time consuming daily activities, I found fashion to be a very nice artistic, creative outlet. I like to spend some thought on what I wear what with what in the morning because it is a very nice creative process as long as it is not an activity born out of an extreme sense of insecurity.
I am not House so playing 3 instrumennts while kicking ass in med school is not on the menu for me so yeah I just wanted to share this and see what our readership thinks on that :-)

October 29th, 2010, 6:22 pm
Administrator

Jeans & metal merch (shirts, long sleeves, hooded shirts), shoes depending on the weather, but mostly Dansk Andefödder (http://dk.duckfeet.dk/default.aspx?CMSID=59), and everything is fine for me.

Some of my jackets are metallized, like my green leather jacket with a hand painted Lunar Aurora logo on the back, another one with a handpained flaming "3" which The Third & The Mortal had on some of their first albums. I like to keep it simple. Metal merch shouldn't be too colourful, except for motives like Sabbat's Dreamweaver which is a dream of shirt, too :-)

Moreover I love funny or even childish motives. Been to some black metal concerts with a white shirt with Pettson och Findus on front and it made me some friends immediately ;-) I still search for shirts of the Kelly Family and Modern Talking in L / XL size.

October 30th, 2010, 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Yeah I noticed that self made is truly the way to go. Unfortunately my drawing skills are not particularly well developed but not being capable to find any decent motives and colors for t shirts I think I will have to pick it up :-)

Thanks a lot for the link! Seeing some options for winter here!! And summer!

October 30th, 2010, 10:29 am
Administrator

Metal merch shouldn't be too colourful

Agree, except for the base color of the shirt. I'm already tired of black shirts and in summer it's suicide to wear black over here! But yeah, many colored designs are mostly ugly.

And I usually want my tshirts in S/L sizes. I'm a skinny 1,78 dwarf. :lol:

October 30th, 2010, 12:19 pm
Administrator

Honestly though, sometimes I wonder who the hell makes those shirts. They could be much more inventive instead of just pasting the cover of an album on one side and tour dates on the other. I liked the Arcturus Shirts but most of the rest is just god awful. And yeah in summer, it's death :-)

October 30th, 2010, 3:06 pm
Administrator

Well, you should all watch out for the new sexy TODTGELICHTER- Shirts/Longsleeves/Zipper at the beginning of December. Uh, what was this thread again? The shameless self-promotion thread? ;-)

October 30th, 2010, 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

October 30th, 2010, 3:17 pm
Administrator

I have a green LENG T'SCHE t-shirt, and a maroon VIRUS tee. That's it. I keep it simple, keep it safe, in my wardrobe. (WAR-DROBE)

October 30th, 2010, 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Personally I wish that clothes would never need washing because then I could walk around in my one and favorite outfit all the time!!! :-)

That's why I fancy life in a space station. No climate issues and such. Just comfort :D

Honestly I think those suits in the Fantastic Four would be great but since not everyone looks like Jessica Alba or Chris Evans... I think it's easier on the eyes if no everyone was wearing that haha.

October 30th, 2010, 5:38 pm

I also lost interest in 99% of all band merchandise some years ago. Now I have a Virus t-shirt, a Darkthrone logo t-shirt and an Ulver - Blood Inside red t-shirt.

The new issue of Nordic Vision has an article on black metal fashion, by the way.

October 30th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Black metal fashion? Is it all about black stuff :-)

Seriously, why is metal actually so uniform in terms of its clothing? I don't really care but people around me never believe I listen to that music and associate the music with a very specific style. And on concerts I get some really weirded out looks too haha
And why is color such an issue in a genre that spawns SO MANY diffferent types of sounds and musical landscapes!

October 30th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Administrator

Oh, it's not that uniform everywhere. I can remember that Wintherr from PAYSAGE D'HIVER created some winter jackets (!) in a limited edition. Unfortunately only small sizes were left when I noticed that...

@ Tentakel: as you might have seen, that was exactly one of my interview questions, your new stage outfit has already been described as kind of aetheric, and I would like bright outfits.

Btw: some years ago I lost my BLACK SABBATH "Tyr" shirt and that one was many colours on white and quite beautiful. If anybody has one too much of that motive...

I still love painting shirts myself, but don't find much time to do this nowadays. Some 15 years ago I made shirts with logos of DIE VERBANNTEN KINDER EVAS and ELEND and that took days for single logos...

...the question at hand: when do we create avantgarde merchandize?

October 31st, 2010, 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

...the question at hand: when do we create avantgarde merchandize?

We should discuss this behind closed doors ;)

October 31st, 2010, 12:59 pm
Administrator

Forgive me for using this thread as an advert place, but here it is now, fresh fashion for funny freaks. Sorry Thor, nothing bright...

If anyone should be seriously interested, visit

http://www.todtgelichter.de/shop/

November 25th, 2010, 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Longsleeves ftw! 90's black metal with keyboards & Gothic logos yeah! (not Todtgelichter, you're beyond that I know, referring to the shirt)

The design looks great. Interesting & new layout-wise, but in classic frame (black longsleeve, NOTHING is better to wear during any given day!).

November 25th, 2010, 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next