View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 17th, 2018, 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 Recommend A Band 
Administrator

Just approved their req on myspace. Give them a try, guys. Experimental death/black.

December 5th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Post Sear Bliss
Has anyone mentioned the Hungarian band, Sear Bliss?

Very atmospheric epic black metal, but they have a TROMBONE player! He does play live with them, and in the studio overdubs all the horns in their orchestral sections.

These guys have been around since 1993, and I just discovered them last week. They also have some great spacey synth parts, epic orchestration, and actual guitar SOLOS!!

Their latest has the best production, called "The Arcane Odyssey"

December 6th, 2007, 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Yup. However, their latest haven't impressed me, it's not that fast and spacey black metal (it's a more folk oriented and historical album in fact) we met while listening to their 2004 Glory and Perdition.

December 6th, 2007, 7:43 pm
Administrator

http://myspace.com/thecnk

Symphonical industrial/death metal

Quote:
Sounds like Carl Orff drinking Martini with Rammstein and Alec Empire, sitting together on a heap of human corpses, rambling on the death of our modern world.

December 6th, 2007, 8:20 pm

I'm sure you allready know them!!
I like them, especially I really enjoyed the last album Gloria, but also the first is cool.

I saw them live twice this summer, and they are very good on stage!!

December 7th, 2007, 2:18 pm

Disillusion is great! When I first heard "Gloria" I hated it like the plague, but now I´m loving it! :)

oT: ANAAL NATHRAKH! Their new CD "Hell Is Empty... And All The Devils Are Here" is the most infernal hyperblast I´ve ever heard - and I´m playing in TRISTWOOD, for those who don´t know! :wink:

December 7th, 2007, 7:28 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Too many good stuf to check out and no time! Abysmal Fall are interesting, anyway. I also love the grind-black approach of Anaal Natrakh.

December 9th, 2007, 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

I also love the grind-black approach of Anaal Natrakh.

Mick Kenney is really the next Dan Swano - there is such a variety of quality projects he is involved with - Anaal Nathrakh, Frost, Mistress, Exploder, Professor Fate, running FETO Records with Shane Embury, etc.

Anaal Nathrakh has really grown into a devastating grinding/black/death metal machine, without the cheesy-ness or over-commercialized-ness of Dimmu and Cradle. No corpse-paint, goth imagery, silly satanism or suicidal teenage-androgynous-boy-in-eyeliner on the cover.

Just really interesting heavy (and more complex than we realize) music

December 10th, 2007, 3:17 pm
Profile WWW

Symptoms wrote:

Mick Kenney is really the next Dan Swano - there is such a variety of quality projects he is involved with - Anaal Nathrakh, Frost, Mistress, Exploder, Professor Fate, running FETO Records with Shane Embury, etc.

Anaal Nathrakh has really grown into a devastating grinding/black/death metal machine, without the cheesy-ness or over-commercialized-ness of Dimmu and Cradle. No corpse-paint, goth imagery, silly satanism or suicidal teenage-androgynous-boy-in-eyeliner on the cover.

Yeah! And on youtube.com you can find amazing videos of Anaal Natrakh playing live with Napalm Death members, it really rules! My favourite song is Do Not Speak, the chorus and the ending are amazing.

December 10th, 2007, 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Post A Free Christmas Present!!
Hey, give yourselves all a Christmas present (or whatever holiday you celebrate) and go to James Fogarty's website, Death To Music!

http://www.deathtomusic.com/main.htm

His Ewigkeit 2005 release "Conspiritus", originally released on Earache Records, is available for FREE download from the "releases" link. This release was sadly and criminally NOT promoted whatsoever by Earache (dicks!!), so James Fogarty is releasing it himself.

There's ALOT of very cool music at this website, most of it is free, only one or two releases you have to pay for, but, hey, the guy's gotta make a buck or two for his efforts, right??

He is one very talented guy.

December 22nd, 2007, 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: A Free Christmas Present!!
Dimaension X wrote:
Hey, give yourselves all a Christmas present (or whatever holiday you celebrate) and go to James Fogarty's website, Death To Music!

http://www.deathtomusic.com/main.htm

His Ewigkeit 2005 release "Conspiritus", originally released on Earache Records, is available for FREE download from the "releases" link. This release was sadly and criminally NOT promoted whatsoever by Earache (dicks!!), so James Fogarty is releasing it himself.

There's ALOT of very cool music at this website, most of it is free, only one or two releases you have to pay for, but, hey, the guy's gotta make a buck or two for his efforts, right??

He is one very talented guy.

This - is - very - cool - stuff! Thx!

December 23rd, 2007, 10:52 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Administrator

Post Re: A Free Christmas Present!!
Dimaension X wrote:

sehr geehrter herr Dimaension X,
vielen dank, pure gorgeousness!

mit freundlichen gruessen,
herr lig

December 23rd, 2007, 12:09 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Symptoms wrote:

There's only one Dan Swano...
I really appreciate all his collaborations and bands aswell as a producer.
He played everywhere (as Hellhammer, the black metal bitch), but the band I like most is Edge Of Sanity. Crimson is the top album, a unique 40min track, where they put in many different influences from death to black, from gothic to doom, from acoustic to rock. On this album he did the most, he also singing on it, with great vocals!!

He played also drums and produced all Diabolical Masquerade's albums, he did collaborations with Katatonia, Opeth, he is still playing in Bloodbath, and much much more...

a really outstanding man

January 2nd, 2008, 7:44 pm

There's only one Dan Swano...
I really appreciate all his collaborations and bands aswell as a producer.
He played everywhere (as Hellhammer, the black metal bitch), but the band I like most is Edge Of Sanity. Crimson is the top album, a unique 40min track, where they put in many different influences from death to black, from gothic to doom, from acoustic to rock. On this album he did the most, he also singing on it, with great vocals!!

He played also drums and produced all Diabolical Masquerade's albums, he did collaborations with Katatonia, Opeth, he is still playing in Bloodbath, and much much more...

a really outstanding man

Swano is definitely one very talented guy - I also like EOS - Crimson II - He pretty much played everything on this one, too - Diabolical Masquerade is one of my all time favorites - And Nightingale is very good is you want to hear his clean singing over some very "eighties"-like Pop-prog

And he is really careful about the projects he chooses to participate in - quality over quantity (though he is in a LOT of projects!).

Oh I listened to Dol Ammad - Great Stuff!!

January 5th, 2008, 12:39 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Sear Bliss
Dimaension X wrote:
Has anyone mentioned the Hungarian band, Sear Bliss?

Very atmospheric epic black metal, but they have a TROMBONE player! He does play live with them, and in the studio overdubs all the horns in their orchestral sections.

These guys have been around since 1993, and I just discovered them last week. They also have some great spacey synth parts, epic orchestration, and actual guitar SOLOS!!

Their latest has the best production, called "The Arcane Odyssey"

I listened to the side project of some members of Sear Bliss call Forest Silence (ambient-black-dark metal), but they didn't overimpressed me a lot.

Quite monotonous, to many vocals in it, not many ambient parts; they seem to be more a melodic black metal band...

What do you think about them?

January 9th, 2008, 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next