View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Aborym 
Administrator

Rumor has it they're quite similar to Dødheimsgard...?

I think that without 666 International, they wouldn't have taken such an industrial turn... but from what I remember from WNHI, they are far inferior to DHG. But that's just me, Aborym just haven't stuck in my head.

June 8th, 2008, 1:04 pm
Profile WWW

I like "Darka Mysteria" and "U.V. Impaler"... imo Aborym can't be compared to DHG. Underating them for not complying with "accomplished"....
P.S. I am a parrot and a human monkey, don't pay attention and search for meaning in my words.

Last edited by Chavdar on August 10th, 2008, 1:36 am, edited 15 times in total.

July 13th, 2008, 10:45 am

Chavdar: I'm pretty sure the guys themselves in Aborym would kindly say that DHG was one of their main influences back in '99, just like every other band which went more and more indus-black from there on. That's usually what breakthrough albums such as 666 International do on a scene. There's no need in denying what's obvious :) But as you say, I wouldn't even compare Aborym to DHG. I'm not underating Aborym, they just never had anything special for me. Unfinished, you say? Yeah, underproduced, poor/amateurish drum machines, half-assed and laughable attemps at techno (especially on the Fire walk with us album), déjà vu kind of riffing, juvenile imagery, etc. I remember an interview I read with Attila where he said they were supposed to finally have a drummer on With no human intervention, but the label refused to finance it. He then added: "the label killed that album", and I'm quoting him. Could have been so much better with a drummer if you ask me! But that's only my opinion so who fucking cares right :) Generator is the most interesting one for me, but once again, it's nothing groundbreaking as it's more like black metal with a strong atmospheric tendency.

I mean 1999-2003 saw so many bands trying to mix black metal, electronic and industrial without 1. having unique experimental riffs and rhythmic structures, 2. knowing how to produce deep and rich bass lines, frequencies and noise, and 3. having the proper musical knowledge to create something special with electronic music. I mean electronic music ALSO has a very long history of experimentation, so if you want to take that into your black metal supposedly experimental sound, you better know what you're doing right? That's probably why DHG invited the guy from Subgud on 666 International, to make it contemporary and edgy, instead of looking like pure amateurs to the fans of electronic music. I don't want to sound arrogant but I feel uneasy each time I hear cheap-ass or retarded sounding electro/metal bands. I know it must be hard to handle electronic music to the extent of being able to play it on your own, but well, that's what a musician's life is all about, or isn't it?

P.S. I also am a parrot and a human monkey, so please pay attention to the clear meaning of my post.

July 14th, 2008, 12:37 am
Profile WWW

(...) and 3. having the proper musical knowledge to create something special with electronic music. I mean electronic music ALSO has a very long history of experimentation, so if you want to take that into your black metal supposedly experimental sound, you better know what you're doing right? (...)

Metal band members should nail this quote on the paper over their beds and repeat it every night 100 times before sleeping. I hate calling metal bands ´modern and inovative´ when using such a common riffs and guitar structures mixex together with electro parts comparable to early 80´ synth ages. :roll:

Last edited by flames on July 14th, 2008, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2008, 10:29 am
Administrator

I remember an interview I read with Attila where he said they were supposed to finally have a drummer on With no human intervention, but the label refused to finance it. He then added: "the label killed that album", and I'm quoting him. Could have been so much better with a drummer if you ask me!

Strange, because in my opinion the drummer killed ABORYM. Nothing against Faust, but "Generator" is somehow boring with the fast machine-drumming missing... Besides, if looking for drummers who can actually play the stuff on WNHI and speeds around 320 BPM (because that´s how fast the blasts are!) like on the second track, together with the other diverse stuff, it probably merges down to Czral... (that is, if you leave out the gravity-blast Grind/Death fraction like the drummer of BRAINDRILL).

No, WNHI is good as it is with no human (drummer) intervention.

July 14th, 2008, 11:37 am
Profile WWW

Olivier Côté wrote:
I remember an interview I read with Attila where he said they were supposed to finally have a drummer on With no human intervention, but the label refused to finance it. He then added: "the label killed that album", and I'm quoting him. Could have been so much better with a drummer if you ask me!

Strange, because in my opinion the drummer killed ABORYM. Nothing against Faust, but "Generator" is somehow boring with the fast machine-drumming missing... Besides, if looking for drummers who can actually play the stuff on WNHI and speeds around 320 BPM (because that´s how fast the blasts are!) like on the second track, together with the other diverse stuff, it probably merges down to Czral... (that is, if you leave out the gravity-blast Grind/Death fraction like the drummer of BRAINDRILL).

No, WNHI is good as it is with no human (drummer) intervention.

To me the drum machine fits ABorym perfectly, it adds a "colder" feeling to their sound.

August 5th, 2008, 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

... hva slags ord tilsvarer til de beste delene av Aboryms komposisjoner? Inntrykket av disse momenter er nærmere til den såkalte dommendagen enn til noen harmoni. Jeg skjønner at i det hele tatt er det skandinaviske innflytelsen på dette italianske orkesteret begrenset til kunnskapet om hvordan å unngå gjentakelsene i musikkens ekstreme utvikling. Det er også sydens temperament og fornemmelse av historien som har mye å gjøre med opprinnelsen av deres største stykker. For det siste, så er det i Aborym noe bruttalt som møter noe intellektuelt. Denne fremgangsmåten er ganske fremmed til de forskjellige nordiske disiplinene som antyder om noe raffinert.

Last edited by Chavdar on October 29th, 2008, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 28th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Wenn wir alle anfangen würden, in unserer Muttersprache zu schreiben, könnten sich viele von uns zwar differenzierter Ausdrücken, das allgemeine Verständnis der Posts würde aber drastisch abnehmen, was einen Diskurs unnötig erschweren würde.
I guess it's best if we all stick to english.

October 29th, 2008, 10:53 am
Profile ICQ
Administrator

Well, yeah. Tror inte Chavdar bryr sig så värst mycket huruvida han blir förstådd eller inte. (I don't think Chavdar cares that much whether heäs understood or no.)

October 29th, 2008, 1:00 pm
Profile WWW

aVoid, hvis du spører meg om jeg ikke bryr meg om forståelsen, så svarer jeg: Jo, det gjør jeg. Årsaket til problemet mitt er at jeg ikke fjøler meg temmelig sikkert til å si noe på engelsk. Jeg har tapt slaget om retten til å tå feil når jeg snakker på engelsk. Det er ikke muligheten om et bedre engelsk som plager meg, men andre folks påminnelser om noen uriktige uttalelser som dukker opp på det stedet hvor jeg står sammen med retten til å tå feil. Der har jeg blitt mitt eget kompani - en tilstand som utelukker noe uttrykk på engelsk. Jeg ber om unnskyldning! Takk for ditt svensk!

Nattram, norsk er ikke mit "Muttersprache". Siden jeg begynte "å forfriske" det, føler jeg meg mindre meningløs enn før. Jeg spurte meg selv om jeg foretrakk spansk fram for norsk, til tross at jeg har glemt alt jeg viste for fire år siden. Jeg har ingenting imot å forklare meg selv lenger? Unnskyld meg og ikke var særlig oppmerksom på meg. Jeg hadde det anstendig med beskjeden din. Takk!

Last edited by Chavdar on April 17th, 2009, 11:07 am, edited 7 times in total.

October 29th, 2008, 5:46 pm

Off subject, Google now has more languages available for translation purposes. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but it does help when I visit other blogs and webpages from foreign countries. If it doesn't work the first time, an extra option pops up called "detect language" which often does pick the proper language for translation.

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Being a nasty American, I only speak English, but if anyone feels more comfortable voicing an opinion in their native language, please do so. Some things, like various "slang" phrases just don't translate properly unless they're in their original language. For example, most American "ebonics" just wouldn't translate. Try translating 90% of the Rap and Hip-Hop albums into Finnish or Romanian. THAT would be interesting.

October 29th, 2008, 6:43 pm
Profile WWW

Didn't quite get this about google and translation. What's the issue with this "ebonics" :?

October 30th, 2008, 12:03 am

Didn't quite get this about google and translation. What's the issue with this "ebonics" :?
slang that is popular in urban black american culture

October 30th, 2008, 12:39 am
Administrator

Chavdar: då missförstod jag bara ett tidigare inlägg fra deg :) I see your point, it can be damn difficult att få grepp om alla specifika uttryck, exakta formeringar etc. du behöver ikkje unnskylde dig! (pardon the swedonorwegian, or norwegoswedish).

Quote:
but if anyone feels more comfortable voicing an opinion in their native language, please do so.

yeah those who speak German here - a majority it seems - have a tendency to fall into conversing in that language... but I just counter-attack and pick up Swedish, which is fun since I am the only active (as I know) swede here, and the scandinavians are few too.

October 30th, 2008, 2:57 pm
Profile WWW

Kurva, a jak by se líbilo vám, kdybych si tu začal psát česky?

October 30th, 2008, 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next