View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 REVIEWS 

Post Re: REVIEWS
The new VALBORG is easily their best to date, after the monument that Crown of Sorrow was. If Crown of Sorrow was an extremely solid effort with total "hit" songs, Barbarian on the other is a complete body of work that should be listened as a whole - and does shine as a whole.
Total death.

OWL is a different beast; ambient Death Metal, a mastered chaos in Kolf's hand. The sound is much less potent, mostly to be imputed to the drum production, but this foggy and muddy affair does displays a vast array of moods and atmosphere while keeping complete coherence. I have read some unjustified complaints about the last track; it is the perfect balance to the eerie Death Metal massacre previously displayed.

June 27th, 2011, 10:41 am
Profile WWW

http://avantgarde-metal.com/content/reviews2.php?id=562

Great review of a fantastic item!
Best in man, breast in woman? You have my vote.

July 12th, 2011, 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Haha! Merci beaucoup.

It truly is a great record that maybe deserves more attention. Fuck, it's the first new material since, when? A LOT.

July 12th, 2011, 9:49 pm

those references in the Heart In Mouth review made me check the entire album, but as, I've said it earlier, my pc collapses at myspace, I was able to listen only the Paradigms one track sample - an impressive recommendation to listen to the entire album... still, HIM - The Bigger Picture seems like a pretty obscure data on the net, anyone been more into this record

August 4th, 2011, 12:12 pm

I had hoped the nonsensical reviews were a thing of the past, referring to Chryst of course. The Smohalla review, on the other hand, was very good.

October 22nd, 2011, 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Sorry, they aren´t :P . But there is at least some sense in it, if you try to look.

If it´s any comfort, I know I took the easy way out, because I think this monster in it´s entirety is unreviewable with standard review mechanics. As much as Ulysses, by the way.

October 22nd, 2011, 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, there is, but barely anything about the music at hand. I have already heard the album, though, and I am glad I do not have to review it.

October 22nd, 2011, 2:41 pm
Profile WWW

So is anyone going to attempt to review Loutallica's "LULU"? Or am I going to get ousted from the forum for even mentioning it?

Just curious.

November 11th, 2011, 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

I haven't even bothered to listen to it. Should I?

November 11th, 2011, 4:43 pm
Administrator

NO! ...It still gives me nightmares.

November 13th, 2011, 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

I saw the album in a grocery store the other day. I shuddered and hurried away. Though it would be fun to give it a serious review, I don't think I'd be able to sit though the whole of it (what is it, like 53 hours?).

November 13th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Profile WWW

Heheh Lulu is quite challenging. It reminds me of abruptum, you have to be really tough to survive till the end. But when you do, it's quite allright in a masochistic way :D
It's bold and pretty experimental for such a band. Just like Leonard Cohen on crack. ;)

December 8th, 2011, 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

I'd actually like to give it a shot, but I haven't found it at any library (I won't listen to it on spotify, & defininitely not buy it!) - but from what I've read about 20min songs and stuff, the Abruptum comparison sounds reasonable... :D It has no less than four metal-archives reviews that lands on 0% - compared to the new Morbid Angel that only has one 0%. That has to account for something worth wasting 1½ hours of your life on...!

Who knows, maybe it's really the best avantgarde-metal album of the year? Maybe it's just so out-there and ahead of its time that no-one hears it.......

But you still got to hand it to Metallica - they keep doing new stuff they haven't done before. That's always worth some respect, regardless of the outcome. They were never really such a great band after all...

December 8th, 2011, 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

aVoid wrote:
Who knows, maybe it's really the best avantgarde-metal album of the year? Maybe it's just so out-there and ahead of its time that no-one hears it.......

No. NO!

December 8th, 2011, 12:45 pm
Profile WWW

I have not heard a single note from Lulu and I want to keep it that way. A review of it would be... interesting, I guess. :)

December 8th, 2011, 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next