View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 the good, the bad & the ugly 

What is the relation between good and bad music? In total, worldwide and eversince.
01 % good, 99 % bad 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
05 % good, 95 % bad 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
25 % good, 75 % bad 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
50 % good, 50 % bad 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
95 % good, 05 % bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
99 % good, 05 % mathematics 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
100 % good 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 25

the good, the bad & the ugly 

I reckon there's a reason the other 95% won't end up on my playlist.

February 18th, 2008, 6:54 am

I only concern myself with the upper 10% of World Class artist from all over the world. This is not some sort of elitism, this is just economic pragmatism, I do buy tons of CD's, t-shirts, fanzines, box-set, metal dvd's, but I only can get a certain amount of CD's usually around 9 or 10 a week.

Music starts to get dull/ boring/ uninspired, around the lower 85 percentile range, because at this range, the artist are more concerned with belonging to a certain genre or sub-genre, instead of writing real songs, ie expressing theiremotions, since artist at this range, the second-tier (at least to me) probably have no emotions just moods-swings, and it reflects in their copy-cat, cut/ paste songwriting.

I have no problems, with posers and those who like bad music for the sake of liking bad music, because when they scale-back, there collection, their keeping the Milli Vanilli, Gerado, Kid Rock, Vanilla Ice, and kicking out, all the innovative releases from there collection.

I love new trends in rock and metal music, because when those new trends start to appear everywhere, I know the general public will turn their backs on the music, I have supported since 1980, so I KNOW i will have even more back-up copies of my favorite releases. So they can get more flavors of weak this week !!!!!!

January 16th, 2010, 11:53 pm

January 17th, 2010, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2