View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2017, 9:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Who are You? 

Post Re: Who are You?
--

Last edited by enoo on September 9th, 2012, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 27th, 2012, 8:03 pm

well I'm from Colombia my name is Alexis.. I've always been interested in music. I play the electric guitar since I was 12. I'm 34 right now. Celtic Frost's "into the pandemonium" and Voivod's "killing technology" are still among my favourite albums. I have always loved weird chords, disonance and metal in almost all its forms. I discovered Virus a couple of years ago and now it is one of my favourite bands. I'm working on my own musical project. I'm playing the bass and the drums , as well as playing the keyboards and singing. It wil take me a while before I can make all the things that are already in my head. as I'm not very comfortable with my voice yet and I still need more practice with the drums, but I think in a month or two I'd be able to decently record a couple of songs. I bought an electronic drum set, a bass and a recording interface to get started. I'd love to have the bucks to buy tube amps and vintage equipment, but for now, I'll try to do my best with what I have. I admire the "do it yourself" aspect of some norwegian musicians. Making metal in my country is not easy,. There are no record companies, most metalheads are pretty radical down here and good quality instruments are very expensive. However my life is music ,although I have another job (I´m a school teacher). Right now I'm trying to include some rhythms and chords from the music of this part of the world, music from the Andes and flamenco too, I quit using the pick as I got a more organic feel from playing with my fingers and fingernails. Bands like Virus, Yurei, Vulture Industries, some trip hop like Tricky, Portishead and Massive Attack, classic Spanish and Latin rock bands of my generation like Ilegales and Soda Stereo, and some old music from my country, specially the bass and acordeon harmonies, are my musical references right now,

September 9th, 2012, 2:54 am

Hi, I'm Geno from France ( Paris ) and I'm 20years old. I studied Archaeology and Art History at the Ecole du Louvre and I'm quite addicted to music in various forms. My favorite band isn't original but it's Ved Buens Ende.

February 4th, 2013, 10:28 pm

not very original to have VBE for favorite band, i can agree on that, haha

February 4th, 2013, 10:52 pm

I've started to listen Avantgarde with VBE and that stayed the group who always gives me musical orgasms ! Hahah so it's not original but it's fucking true

February 4th, 2013, 11:08 pm

certainly virus was the only way to continue, probably wasn't very original in the matter of continuing, but unquestionable

February 5th, 2013, 8:06 am
Administrator

Welcome Genoctopus!

(who the hell cares about the level of originality when one is chosen a favourite band, btw? 8) )

February 5th, 2013, 7:42 pm
Profile WWW

Hello,

My name is Michael, am 37 years old and live in the Netherlands and I absolutely love music. Some of the music that I listen to is described as "weird" by friends, family and neighbors :roll:

I hope to find some folks with a similar taste in music here so I can talk to kindred spirits :D

When I think of Avantgarde, I think of favorites of mine like Subterranean Masquerade, Ansur, the Norwegian scene (Arcturus, Winds, Age of Silence, etc), Civil Defiance (Avantgarde GODS), Philm, Last Crack, Naked Sun, Obsidian Kingdom, Björk and last but not least a new young group valled Adeia (check out their song Provedence on youtube).

.......and: Merry Christmas to everyone here!

December 26th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Greets, from Finland since 1981.

Huge fan of good music and especially the works that are closely related to this forum. Alltime favourite albums:
DHG - 666 international,
Ved buens ende - Everything,
Virus - Everything,
Thorns - s/t and Emperor split,
Satyricon - Rebel extravaganza,
Cadaver - Necrosis (NECRO AS FUK!!!)

and I urge you all to check the Finnish band Aberrant Vascular, fantastic stuff, all release available for download & Streaming on their website: http://aberrantvascular.com/discography.php

And I've been running the band Wrathage since 1997 with my twin brother. Recently started a new band project in the spirit of Ved buens ende meets Arcturus or something like that of which details will be revealed later :)

Cheers and looking forward to intriguing conversation on this forum \,,/

-S-

tearing and devouring

the soil of the solid"

March 11th, 2014, 3:17 pm
Profile WWW

hello,

last - longest - track from Aberrant Vascular 's debut is good work, meaning according to the top of the style, so thanks for dropping by.. , i will check indepth, no time presently.., the vox are worthy listen... plz excuse my lame articulation, little conviction for wording up, probably more later (since 1974)...

March 11th, 2014, 10:24 pm

jun_tune wrote:
Greets, from Finland since 1981.

Huge fan of good music and especially the works that are closely related to this forum. Alltime favourite albums:
DHG - 666 international,
Ved buens ende - Everything,
Virus - Everything,
Thorns - s/t and Emperor split,
Satyricon - Rebel extravaganza,
Cadaver - Necrosis (NECRO AS FUK!!!)

and I urge you all to check the Finnish band Aberrant Vascular, fantastic stuff, all release available for download & Streaming on their website: http://aberrantvascular.com/discography.php

And I've been running the band Wrathage since 1997 with my twin brother. Recently started a new band project in the spirit of Ved buens ende meets Arcturus or something like that of which details will be revealed later :)

Cheers and looking forward to intriguing conversation on this forum \,,/

-S-

Oh bloody hell I forgot Emperor - Anthems to the welkin at dusk...must be gettin' old :)

Also anything with Aura Noir in it's band name is a fucking killer on my list. And who wouldn't enjoy La masquerade infernale from Arcturus, good times \,,/

Lately I've discovered many great bands from France - they must be putting something in the water there 'cause there's so many of 'em and they each have their own distinct style so bands like deathspell omega, Smohalla, Pryapisme, Igorrr and Spektr. Let me know if there's more of 'em :) And also really enjoyed pretty much everything Bjeima has been involved in - Yurei, Delirium bound, alfa obscura and the samples I've heard of his other projects and coming releases...and also the other Adversum releases were really interesting, I'm in the process of purchasing their catalog with three records in transit currently :)

Cheers,
-S-

tearing and devouring

the soil of the solid"

March 11th, 2014, 11:30 pm
Profile WWW

damn, that Le Temps... song is pretty much of a replay stuff, count me an addict

Quote:
Let me know if there's more of 'em

myself, i can name Crown 's last years and Dirge 's E.. magnetic fields (or something, can give the title)... Dirge must have a new one, from what i've heard - sounds like a new territory for everyone

guess, there're many other, for example Hacride http://www.hacride.com/

March 12th, 2014, 11:44 pm

enoo wrote:

myself, i can name Crown 's last years and Dirge 's E.. magnetic fields (or something, can give the title)... Dirge must have a new one, from what i've heard - sounds like a new territory for everyone

guess, there're many other, for example Hacride http://www.hacride.com/

Thanks for the info. Hacride is not quite my cup of tea, a bit too much "modern progressive heavy metal" or something, in Finnish we have this term "asenne metalli" which translates as "Attitude metal". If you're into such material I'd recommend you check out a local band "Random mullet", very good in such works: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Random-M ... 6631985628

Dirge and crown on the other hand sounds a lot more promising, will check 'em out properly. Cheers.
-S-

tearing and devouring

the soil of the solid"

March 13th, 2014, 3:07 pm
Profile WWW

My name is Eric.
I am thee member of Genevieve (band).
I grew up on Black Metal, and then found weird music (Avant-Garde?)

I live in America.

Most recent lovers:
Aarni, Xiu Xiu, Larsen, Swans, Lurker of Chalice, Lyrinx, Lengsel (a lot of "L's"), Khanate, Oxbow, Kayo Dot.

My favorite beer is Palm.
I also love scotch.

March 30th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Profile WWW

Hello all,

My name is Chris, I live in North Carolina (USA). I've been checking out this site for a few years now, but only recently decided to interact with the community. It is nice to be among kindred spirits! My musical taste runs in many different directions, but the more abstract forms will always hold a special place in my heart. Some of my favorite genres include prog, RIO, math rock, drone and avant-garde chamber music. I look forward to sharing ideas with the rest of you! :D

October 22nd, 2014, 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next