View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 18th, 2018, 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
 Who are You? 

Hi there, my name is Juan de Dios, but people often call me Juande.
From Mexico. Guitarist. Into experimental and avant stuff.

My band: The Abstract - myspace/theabstractofficial - Page under construction.

Still in writing mode, consisting of 5 members, we play some sort of experimental death metal. According to what people have told us, our sound is a mix between The Faceless, Cephalic Carnage and Dillinger Escape Plan. I'd also add some influences from The Amenta, Meshuggah, Augury, Hybrid and Gorguts with clean, ambient passages.

My project: Juande Vega - myspace/juandemx

Still in the works, I'm planning to do some sort of compilation including experimental pieces. Free/improvisation music meets Robert Fripp/Byla/Dysrhythmia-esque soundscapes.

My personal profile: myspace/darkinfinite - Add me or just take a look if you want to see my current influences (top friends) and Last.fm scrobbles.

I'm up for collaborations if anyone's interested!

My dream is to create an entirely instrumental project in the vein of The Flying Luttenbachers, Ahleuchatistas, Indricothere, Grand Ulena... to name a few.
Also, recently, I've re-discovered the magic of the PSP and am using a sequencer to create more stuff. Something like Gigantic Brain, KK Null and Noism.

Love the site. Hope to enjoy the forums as well!

April 25th, 2010, 9:55 am

I'm Uland Krzyz (No, not my real name.Don't ask..)
I'm an artist, living in Saint Paul Minnesota. I also play music, poorly, and record the ensuing mistakes.
I lead a relatively boring, adult life; I work in the printing industry ( get junk mail today? That was me. You're welcome), walk my dog and play with my daughter.
My interest in music, derived from an intense love of metal in my adolescence (Voivod was my #1), as well as my obsessive drawing practices are, essentially glorified hobbies, though they are deeply important to me.
Here are a few examples of my work:

More of my work can be seen on my Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ulandkrzyz , as well as on my blog: http://ulandkrzyz.blogspot.com

I have done some commissioned work for bands; flyers and pro-mo materials, but I don't pursue it too much.
I've also been featured in a couple of art zines, including the relatively new Svart Konst #1 ( http://svartkonst.net/).

June 1st, 2010, 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Svart konst literally means "black art" in Swedish, should anyone happen to wonder... "svartkonst" is "black art" figuratively; necromancy and magic. But anyway, I really appreciate your work, Uland. Looks cool. What promo stuff have you done for bands, anything one should be aware of?

June 1st, 2010, 12:27 pm
Profile WWW

Nothing too noteworthy. A drawing I did was used as a poster for a Finnish Doom festival, and I did a number of drawings for a dub-step label. I'm pretty sure that's it, as far as music stuff. I've been in a couple of shows and a couple of zines.
I think I'm probably like a lot of artists today who aren't really interested in contemporary art scenes, as such, or have access to galleries.The internet has provided access to plenty of people who like what we might do, but it has also rendered some of the traditional contexts for presentation of art—printed illustration, magazines, monographs/folios— kind of moot.It's a kind of hermetic pursuit at this point.
I'm also not a part of any kind of music scene.Nine times out of ten, the art featured on album covers ( which I'd love to do) is done by people who are associated with the scene, are already known quantities, or create work specifically for certain types of music, like those D.M cover mills.
Anyhow, thank you for the kind words.
The content of the magazine and a lot of what I've read on the board suggest to me that many around here are really open to a certain kind of proggy weirdness; definitely a place I want to be. I'd love to find some kind of context in this realm for my artwork. If anybody here is interested in talking about art for your band, label, or magazine, feel free to send me an email. I'm not interested in money as an end, and I'll only contribute to ends that I'm in total sympathy with.

June 1st, 2010, 4:31 pm
Profile WWW

June 2nd, 2010, 7:19 pm
Administrator

Welcome. In the name of Hell, who are you?

June 3rd, 2010, 5:25 pm
Profile WWW

Recently I subscribed to avantsound's Channel. biometry0s accounts for my affinities, present and future. I want to explore the beyond section and the various documentaries here. My principal aim is to attach to concise packages of thought. I've stayed twice in mental institutions and been diagnosed with megalomania, paranoid schitzophrenia, OCD...etc. I'm often running out of time and I'm into all kinds of virtual education. I'll be glad to contribute and hope to draw the attention to whats welcomed.

Thank!

June 3rd, 2010, 10:18 pm

O. Bloomsbury, we'll gladly be your third institution... Where are you from and how old are you? Please bring your concise packages of thought into the AGM equation. Everything is possible from now on!

June 6th, 2010, 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Yeah man welcome to our forum of musical delirium!

Don't mean to sound ignorant but out of curiosity: do these conditions make you hallucinate about people that arn't really there or how does it present itself in ur daily life? I am sorry if that is a too blunt approach but I am really curious. I like to think that having been diagnosed with what people call disorders is an interesting starting point because it really raises the question of how much of our reality is mind made.

Anyways welcome :D

June 6th, 2010, 10:41 am

I've been here, on your planet, before in 1974, 1978, 1991-2004. O. Bloomsbury, the writer I am working with, records my words on tape and then on paper. The letters of my name, through permutation of the Latin alphabet, mirror corresponding platforms. Closer to an understanding of what I represent is a geometrical figure of intellectual cores. This again is a matter difficult to understand.

June 6th, 2010, 1:47 pm

do these conditions make you hallucinate about people that arn't really there or how does it present itself in ur daily life?

David, it was real. Without any physical contact though, in no way it could be substantiated to 100%. I've talked couple of times with them in vehicles of public transportation, folks come and address me on a symbolic plane. A common frequency which peaks periods when I'm unable to function in my daily routine. The background people seem to grasp is too much thinking on my side, seeing signs and roles in Biblical proportions. Psychiatrists filled in the papers of my case with vampires I've talked to.

Last edited by cenoptah on June 6th, 2010, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 6th, 2010, 7:59 pm

Hi! I am from the magnetic service.

Quote:
The letters of my name, through permutation of the Latin alphabet, mirror corresponding platforms. Closer to an understanding of what I represent is a geometrical figure of intellectual cores. This again is a matter difficult to understand.

.. no bystander to ask about how it was. The only logic I can relate to you is that there hasn't been any conversion of my explanation.

June 6th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Psychiatrists filled in the papers of my case with vampires I've talked to.

Heheh... now that's a quote.

June 7th, 2010, 4:40 am
Profile WWW

Reading your posts, I think you'd fit right in :)

I find your manner of writing odd. Are you from a non-english speaking country or do you just express yourself in an eccentric manner(or have eccentric thoughts hehe)?

June 7th, 2010, 11:32 am
Profile WWW

Yes, I've been raised up with an analytic language far from any transitional phase from synthetic to analytic.

June 7th, 2010, 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next