View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Who are You? 
Administrator

Post Who are You?
Another idea stolen from a different forum... PRESENTATIONS!
We all know the fellas who write here every week from the "about"-page, so they need no further introduction... but the 30-something other inmates of this Freak Zone? C'mon! Give us the details (you think) we need... name origin business associates 10 most recent lovers fav-beer (mine is Norrlands Guld 5,2% well chilled on a warm summer day) et c et c et c.

(but of course, the freaks who get to write stuff on the site can also say something if you think you missed something out somewhere if you want to)

July 23rd, 2007, 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

My name is Marthe, And i am living in Norway.
I'm quite addicted to music in various forms and it is impossible for me to name only some fav. bands/artists..
Currently still in school, but in a school specialized on music.
PLaying bassguitar in a couple of prog-ish/Neo-prog bands and doing some vocals as well.
Deadly intrested in Photography as well.
What more is there to say..
( I hate this one norwegian beer! Its really light and consists of at least 70% foam and bubbles. Think it is called "Odin øl" or something..)
:roll:

July 27th, 2007, 11:52 pm
Administrator

Well, at least it has a cool name that beer. But nothing beats "Hell". Not that tasty though.

Might one get a sample of your music, through myspace or something? Prog is always sweet.

July 28th, 2007, 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

I just joined the community on this message board, so here is a short introduction to the user known as Falk (as is his name in real life):

I'm from Germany (more precisely: North Rhine-Westphalia), 23 years old and always searching for "challenging" and moving music apart from so-called "mainstreams" (be it music in general or even metal mainstream).

Here are some of my favourites in alphabetical order: <Code>, Deichkind, DHG, Dream Theater, Emiliana Torrini, Madder Mortem, Manes, Meshuggah, Nasum, Neurosis, Nick Cave, Nile, Opeth, Pink Floyd, Satyricon, Sonic Reign, Squarepusher, Textures, The Gathering, Thorns, Tool, Ulver...

In addition to the mere pleasure of listening I try to create ambitious music by myself: As founder and creative head of the Black Metal project Fluoryne, which I will introduce sooner or later in the "AGM bands & news" section. If you like you can visit the Fluoryne-homepage or the Myspace-profile to get a first impression.

My favourite beer? Hmmm, I think this would be wheat beer in general...

August 1st, 2007, 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

nice to meet you again here! Welcome to the AGM-Forum! I am already curious about "Dynamics of Extinction".

cheers
Chrystof

August 2nd, 2007, 10:30 am
Administrator

Thank you for the nice welcome! I guess then you are known as "Spacemetal" @ forum.darkness.de!?

Nice to hear you are curious about "Dynamics Of Extinction" - I think you'll have to be patient for a while, the search for a label is not finished yet. Expect "Dynamics Of Extinction" to be released late 2007/early 2008. I think it should then be possible to deliver a promotional package to AGM... :)

August 2nd, 2007, 11:06 am
Profile WWW

Hi all! I'm Nachito! from Uruguay,South America. I'm a great avantgarde metal fan, and also metal in general.

Well, hope to meet great people from all around the world here.

Stay Metal! :twisted:

August 3rd, 2007, 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

My name is Tamás (in English: Tom), I've just registered here. I'm 17 and being addicted to Avantgarde, experimental and progressive acts; mostly music, literature and painting. My favourite bands are UnexpecT and Gire. Would like to meet "strange" (can I say this on a "strange" page?) new people who love Avantgarde music, not just its metal scene. :)

August 3rd, 2007, 11:14 pm

Hey people.. im Helen from the UK, age 20 and owner of Sound Devastation Records..

Im into extreme doom, sludge, noisecore, crust punk, screamo, post-rock, shoegaze, freak-folk and what i consider to be avant-garde... favourite bands are KHANATE, KYLESA and KAYO DOT (i dont just have a thing for Ks). i like music thats dirty and horrible, or serene and beautiful.. or all 4.

I have a thing for good CD packaging, and vinyl..

August 4th, 2007, 8:52 pm
Profile WWW

Hey people.. im Helen from the UK, age 20 and owner of Sound Devastation Records..

Im into extreme doom, sludge, noisecore, crust punk, screamo, post-rock, shoegaze, freak-folk and what i consider to be avant-garde... favourite bands are KHANATE, KYLESA and KAYO DOT (i dont just have a thing for Ks). i like music thats dirty and horrible, or serene and beautiful.. or all 4.

Hey, just checked the website... Fall Of Efrafa's epic crust fucking rules, Amenra too - one of the best live bands I ever saw in this genre, far beyond the thousand of Isis / Neurosis / C.O.L. / blahblahblah clones... So I wish you all the best for your label !

About presentating myself...
I'm Camille from france, 19 years old... Reviewing for the french website Guts Of Darkness - http://www.gutsofdarkness.com/...
Musician-wannabe with some bands - Smohalla & Howlin Poetry are the main ones... I'm currently working on solo stuff.

Basically I love a lot of music... From Ved Buens Ende to Killing Joke... If I had to quote a few names : Mr Bungle, Ved Buens Ende / Virus, Discordance Axis, Cynic, Gorguts, Suffocation, Brutal Truth, Converge, Jerome's Dream...

That's all folks... I hope this site will have a great future - and this forum too, like the Jester one and the Vendlus one at their glory days...

August 5th, 2007, 2:36 am
Profile WWW

I'm Ale from Italy, love music (expecially post-black metal and electronica/noise/experimental) and cinema.

guitar player/main dickhead of the post-bm band BLACKDRONE INC. (http://www.myspace.com/blackdroneinc).

Great website dudes, hope to get a review one day, cheers!

August 6th, 2007, 11:44 am
Profile WWW

SoundDevastation wrote:

Hey, just checked the website... Fall Of Efrafa's epic crust fucking rules, Amenra too - one of the best live bands I ever saw in this genre, far beyond the thousand of Isis / Neurosis / C.O.L. / blahblahblah clones... So I wish you all the best for your label !

About presentating myself...
I'm Camille from france, 19 years old... Reviewing for the french website Guts Of Darkness - http://www.gutsofdarkness.com/...
Musician-wannabe with some bands - Smohalla & Howlin Poetry are the main ones... I'm currently working on solo stuff.

Basically I love a lot of music... From Ved Buens Ende to Killing Joke... If I had to quote a few names : Mr Bungle, Ved Buens Ende / Virus, Discordance Axis, Cynic, Gorguts, Suffocation, Brutal Truth, Converge, Jerome's Dream...

That's all folks... I hope this site will have a great future - and this forum too, like the Jester one and the Vendlus one at their glory days...

Glad you like them!

would you be interested in reviewing our releases for Guts of Darkness? email us you're email address and postal address and we'll send you some promo CDs [helen[at]sounddevastation.co.uk] :)

August 6th, 2007, 11:20 pm
Profile WWW

I am 27 and living in South Carolina, USA. I am a licensed attorney, but have yet to be employed as one, i feel strange in the field as i haven't met other lawyers who are passionate about extremes and creativity in music, which is where my passions are. Hoping i can somehow use it in conjunction with music...

Current loves include Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (their live show is life changing), The Stares, Unexpect, Björk, Ihsahn (i just got "The Adversary" tonight!), Circle of Dead Children, Ulver, etc...

I've got an obligatory one-man-band called "Room" and play with another called "The Evening Telegram" (which can be judged at www.myspace.com/theeveningtelegram).

Otherwise, just a lover of the creative, and glad to have found this website!

August 7th, 2007, 5:54 am
Profile WWW

Im Pasi from Finland Helsinki and i play bass in Aberrant Vascular (operatic avantgarde metal). Have to say that you have nice looking website!

Pasi

August 12th, 2007, 8:18 am
Profile WWW

One down, 30 or so to go... thnx!

Well, at least it has a cool name that beer. But nothing beats "Hell". Not that tasty though.

Might one get a sample of your music, through myspace or something? Prog is always sweet.

You know.. we actually have a place in Norway named "Hell"?
Quite funny, the stuff (boxes, cargo) that is marked "Made in Hell" or "from Hell"
Well.. about the music.. There is some (bad) stuff at Myspace, but i'll first send you a link when the new stuff is done :wink:

August 13th, 2007, 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 299 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next