View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Suggestions for Forum Categories? 
Administrator

Post Suggestions for Forum Categories?
Hello to all,

in our Guestbook Villrosen suggested that we should open a topic about what CATEGORIES to use for our forum.

Actually we started with:

- news & newcomers
- bands & people
- search & contact
- beyond the border

We just made these 4 Categories up for the start. But it seems that they are not really appropriate for what you'd like to discuss here. Now after one week I thought we maybe will change them into:

- general discussions
- bands & news
???

What other Categories do you think are appropriate for the forum? What other Topics would you like to discuss?

Chrystof

July 15th, 2007, 6:44 pm
Administrator

I think "search and contact" could go to "bands and people" as a thread.

July 17th, 2007, 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Perhaps one section for AGM specifically (bands & people), and one for other types of Music, and a third for extra-musical discussions?

July 17th, 2007, 11:44 am
Profile WWW

I think general discussions category is a good idea.
recommendations about bands could be included in bands and people or not? and what about live reviews (past or present)?

July 17th, 2007, 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

General discussion and other music, perhaps a section for other art!

July 17th, 2007, 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

A topic where people could tip about upcoming concerts and details (concerning AGM that is), and a matching section for rewiew and discussion (opinions) of the concerts?

July 28th, 2007, 12:01 am
Administrator

Okay, today I've installed the new FORUM CATEGORIES. Thanks a lot to everybody who contributed suggestions! I hope the new structure will do it for the next couple of weeks/months.

GENERAL DISCUSSION:
This is everything about AGM and AGM.com...whatever you'd like to discuss generally.

AGM BANDS & NEWS:
This section is especially for avant-garde metal: news, bands, releases...and of course also tips about upcoming concerts or reviews of AGM concerts (@VILLROSEN).

BEYOND AGM:
This section is for all music and arts beyond AGM

SEARCH & CONTACT:
If you search stuff about bands, musicians, artists etc.

If anybody has a topic that doesn't fit in any of those categories or if anybody thinks that one of his existing topics is in the wrong section now just contact me or post it here.

cheers
Chrystof

July 30th, 2007, 1:31 pm

Not so much a forum category but a new section to consider.

AVANT GARDE METAL HALL OF FAME.

I got the idea from Gary Schafer's Heavy Metal Musuem, and who ever runs the webzine the Corrosuem. Gary Schafer basically has all the items to start a actual heavy metal museum, with enough tweeking the Heavy metal musuem, could be converted into the heavy metal hall of fame, with just enough push in the right direction. The Corrosuem has a forum section, where they vote on which bands are most influental in heavy metal, and seems to be some kind of poking fun at the crappy rock and roll hall of fame.

Between, the sections BANDS and the FREAK ZONE, there should be something like the Avant Garde Metal Hall Of Fame.

The voting committee should be the current staff, only !!!!! I think the rules of the rock and roll hall of fame of having to wait 25 years, after the debut record being released, to be considered for entry is pretty useless, and out-dated or whatever. There should be no rules like that. Except that the peerless artist who release timeless music, deserved to be in the Avant Garde Metal hall of fame. I would like to see a section for masterpiece albums, and a section for everyone involved in those masterpieces, to be included as individuals.

Come on' tell me that is not a great idea !!! to have a AVANT GARDE METAL HALL OF FAME, way before the Heavy Metal Musuem opens its doors. I give the guy alot of credit he has been working on it, THE HEAVY METAL MUSEUM since probably the early 1990's.

January 9th, 2010, 10:41 pm

I'd leave the funfair section too. I'm not sure I understand what search & contact are exactly

The AGM BANDS & NEWS: could be great. news and reviews could be very useful.

I wouldn't do the AGM hall of fame, since the AGM term is so abstract and changing from person to person. It'll end up as a unique (or once unique) metal hall of fame

Would an entire section dedicated to music recommendations be too much?

January 10th, 2010, 2:31 pm
Profile WWW

I'd definitely enjoy a self-promotion subforum.. A single thread isn't a good thing, for instance if two musicians post something about at the same time, the reviews made by the other AGM members will mix together, it's gonna be unclear...

January 10th, 2010, 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

I'd definitely enjoy a self-promotion subforum..

Ditto. One band, one thread. Or one label, one thread. Or, if you feel really self-important, one release one thread. Or if someone is, like you Valenten, webdesigner or sth similar & want attention. So that idea is definitely worth considering.

Quote:
Would an entire section dedicated to music recommendations be too much?

Yeah, that would be too much. The Now Playing-thread is probably the best place to spill your guts about something way too awesome to be ignored.

Quote:
Come on' tell me that is not a great idea !!! to have a AVANT GARDE METAL HALL OF FAME

Well, that's what this webzine already is. Add to that the recently published lists of the top 20 bands & albums, the Hall Of Fame is already realized, though maybe a bit more discretely.

January 10th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

Ditto. One band, one thread. Or one label, one thread. Or, if you feel really self-important, one release one thread. Or if someone is, like you Valenten, webdesigner or sth similar & want attention. So that idea is definitely worth considering.

Yeah, you've summed up what I meant ;)

In such a forum, a sticky post could list the artists/labels/albums-topics so that you can easily find old stuffs... It would be listed per category & alphabetical order, of course =)

January 10th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Suggestions for Forum Categories?
General Discussion is for 'general discussion about avant-garde metal [...]' and AGM Bands & News is for 'everything about avant-garde metal [...]'. They overlap quite a lot and I think they might as well be merged.

January 6th, 2013, 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]