View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 2011? 

Post Re: 2011?
Tenhi - Saivo

After being delayed for more than a year, last week they announced that it is now complete. More information about the release coming soon, hopefully.

June 24th, 2011, 5:08 pm
Profile WWW

The Blackmobile, from Vortex' Storm Seeker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... H7kx9QUPkI

June 30th, 2011, 8:14 am
Profile WWW

September 9: Einherjer - Norrøn

and, of course

September ?: KorovaKill - Chryst PhantasmaChronica

July 18th, 2011, 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Echon wrote:
KorovaKill - Chryst PhantasmaChronica

Yes!

July 18th, 2011, 11:29 am
Profile WWW

New Enslaved 7". http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=161066

July 25th, 2011, 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

OPETH - The Devil's Orchard

http://stereogum.com/766792/opeth-the-d ... he-chapel/

From the song, not much I wouldn't expect from them! Great cover though.

July 26th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

September 13: Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestial Lineage

July 27th, 2011, 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

aVoid wrote:
OPETH - The Devil's Orchard

http://stereogum.com/766792/opeth-the-d ... he-chapel/

From the song, not much I wouldn't expect from them! Great cover though.

Yeah, for now, much less change than what they were anticipating in interviews, etc. Anyway I even liked the song, but it's just Opeth minus the deathmetallest things. Nothing to facepalm oneself about (or is it? :twisted:).

July 27th, 2011, 10:40 am

I think that song is too technical and lacking in the vital department of songwriting. But I did not care for their two previous albums, either. Actually, I may just have grown tired of Opeth. I still think My Arms, Your Hearse is a masterpiece but I never listen to it.

July 27th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Profile WWW

'If all goes according to plan, Nov 8th will be the official release date for the new LEVIATHAN full-length album "True Traitor True Whore"'

Posted by Profound Lore on Twitter on 25th July.

August 1st, 2011, 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Suspicious of that title before the rape charges on him are cleared. Has anyone heard anything? Can't find anything published after January. Seems like a clear-cut case from the details that have been published to prove his guilt or innocence, but maybe US courts are that slow?

August 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
Profile WWW

Profound Lore kills, guess was the Locrian blog that tells there gonna be a Locrian/Mamiffer split..

btw, listened to "The Crystal World" today, literally blew my mind away, didn't expect anything of that sort, vocals included, in the forward thinking area, but it does is.. these folk getting the things going, if one checks their works out, and looks like their determination can be motivating, f.e.

http://www.utechrecords.com/

Horseback/Locrian > New Dominions > Utech Records > URLP066

"New Dominions is an epitaph to an era and a rebirth of another. Inspired by Alan Weisman’s book The World Without Us, it is the profound religious feel of the takeover events that stand out in Weisman's detailed narration. While quite a bleak read, it successfully conveys an image of unstoppable sermon, a service of Life that would continue no matter if humanity or any other species cares to attend it. This collaborative release brings together two of the most exciting artists operating at the forefront of the underground. The groups’ willingness to explore new sounds, textures, and moods sets them apart from other artists operating in heavy music. New Dominions may be the most intense and brooding releases by either group.
The album consists of two extended tracks. “The Gift” begins the record with slowly building layers of bowed and looped percussion, harsh vocals, glistening tremolo guitars, and eerie piano played from the inside. The track ends with sparse, trance inducing, rolling, primordial percussion and mellifluously leads into the next.
The repetitive piano, bass, and percussion of "Our Epitaph" usher in dreamy, chanted, vocals. The instruments become locked in a slowly burning, hypnotic groove as layers of tape loops, guitars, and feedback gradually build and build. New Dominions is an extremely heavy record, but has few of the typical characteristics of a heavy album. The repetition and the subtle changes throughout the album make it all the more bleak and unsettling.
The artwork for the release was done by frequent Horseback collaborator and Russian occultist Denis Forkas Kostromitin. Side A of the LP consists of the album. Side B has an etching of Kostromitin’s “Omega Auroch” drawing. The last few aurochs exist in only one part of the world — the Bialowieza forest, one of the last remaining primeval forests in Europe, which straddles the border between Poland and Balarus. The auroch convey many messages: man’s domination over nature — a fragile natural order, the futility of man’s ambitions (the extinguished candles), the bestial origin of all human religions and spiritual practices (the candelabrum coming out of the bull’s head), and the end of days represented by the inverted omega of the composition itself. The image on the album cover “The Wooden Word” is composed of seven aurochs forming the living basis for the church in the painting. The inspiration for the structure was the elaborate and ancient wooden churches — one of the sacred buildings built without a single nail — which even today stand tall in a few small Russian towns and villages. It is the eternal church of Evolution, the true house of tempest, the Devil’s seat. The church and auroch pieces echo each other, raise the liturgical feel and close the omega.
This collaborating represent the future of heavy music and the material on the release is in a category of its own next to Locrian’s The Crystal World and Horseback’s The Invisible Mountain. Limited to 300 copies."

I see that "The Invisible Mountain" is "an intensely heavy psychedelic, post-metallic, kraut-rock journey"
http://horseback.bandcamp.com/album/the ... e-mountain

August 1st, 2011, 9:23 pm

"...will be out someday via Profound Lore (CD) and Utech/Sige Records on LP (or possibly 2xLP?)."
http://lndofdecay.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... notes.html

August 1st, 2011, 9:27 pm

aVoid wrote:
Suspicious of that title before the rape charges on him are cleared. Has anyone heard anything? Can't find anything published after January. Seems like a clear-cut case from the details that have been published to prove his guilt or innocence, but maybe US courts are that slow?

So was I but there was nothing that hinted at this being sarcastic, a joke or whatever. Just another one in a long line of similar updates. And no, I have not heard anything about the rape charges either. Hopefully it was a disgruntled girlfriend making things up.

August 2nd, 2011, 8:25 am
Profile WWW

Heinali and Matt Finney - Ain't No Night
GRUMBLING FUR - Furrier

August 2nd, 2011, 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next