View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 2009! 
Administrator

Suleiman wrote:
could someone update about any tech-death masterpieces expected this year ?

I know of:

Necrophagist
Gorod
Ulcerate
Obscura
Reciprocal
Suffocation
Trepalium

edit: forgot Anata and Dim Mak

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

i m drooling

and avoid........couldnt u up HAVOK somewhere......espcially a tempoarry directshare instead of a filehost........just pm me if you can

February 9th, 2009, 6:25 pm
Profile WWW

Sarke - Vorunah should also be on the list. It sounds promising.

February 11th, 2009, 7:47 pm
Profile WWW

Okay I got the new Absu yesterday, I've listened to it already like 6 times. I think its a very strong come back album. Very interesting how they upgraded their art. Its still ABSU but there are new layers around and underneath. Headbanging black thrash "occult" shit, but also more melodic, psychedelic and involving than before. And the drums aren't as all over the place as they were on TARA, but they perfectly fit with the moods of the music. Also important to note: the production is 100% 2009 top notch: heavy, thick, detailed, razoy sharp, layered, etc. AND I'm going to see them live in Montreal on a tour with GLORIOR BELLY in june! How cool is that hehe...

February 21st, 2009, 12:36 am
Profile WWW

My brain is yearning for the new Unexpect album in an unhealthy way :twisted:

Also eagerly expecting good newcomers and the next album of:
AGM
Unexpect
Stolen Babies
Polkadot Cadaver
Akphaezya
Pin-Up Went Down

Non AGM
Quo Vadis
Les Claypool
Devin Townsend
Cruentus
Alestorm
Eluveitie
DeviDriver
Korn (don't expect much though)

And, as aVoid says, it would be nice to see a big change in the metal scene (or in the world, for that matter)

March 3rd, 2009, 1:23 am
Profile WWW

Polkadot Cadaver
Akphaezya
Pin-Up Went Down
these are coming out with new albums already?

March 3rd, 2009, 6:22 am

Polkadot: in April they were already working on the album, at least that's what they wrote on their myspace, and on wiki it says it will probably be in 2009 (2 years for a second album ain't much)

For Akphaezya, I read it on their official site, probably at the end of 2009 (they aren't really famous, so I don't think they've lost much time touring)

For PUWD, some fan said it, and on their myspace I saw something about a guest guitarist on the new album 342, so I guess it's true, maybe not in 2009 though, but here's to hoping

EDIT: also expecting this

Diablo Swing Orchestra signed for Ascendance and it was stated on the site that a new DSO album is coming this year :D

The new album “Sing-Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious” is tentetively scheduled for a September release

The band say that fans of “The Butcher’s Ballroom” will recognize the DSO sound but it has developed into something even more playful and at times far more aggressive than before.

March 3rd, 2009, 11:03 am
Profile WWW

Drottnar's working on a new one. Hope that comes out this year.

great!

I found somewhere that Fleurety are releasing The Animal of the City EP this year. This is really what I am looking for.

I have very high expectance also about new Stargazer album. Anybody likes them too?

March 3rd, 2009, 3:45 pm
Profile ICQ

The new Fleurety material is nothing like what it used to be, you know. It's almost raw Black metal hehe.

March 3rd, 2009, 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

new acoustic ep from thanatoshizo..wonder how the songs will trasnlate to such a setting

the end of metal maniacs and unrestrained mags :(

March 4th, 2009, 6:43 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Season of Mist is immensely proud to announce that ATHEIST and GNOSTIC just inked a deal with our label! After CYNIC, that's two more technical US death metal legends we are welcoming to our roster. Here's drummer Steve Flynn's comment:

"We're absolutely thrilled that, as of today, both Gnostic and Atheist are officially signed to Season of Mist! Gnostic's debut CD "Engineering the Rule" will be released before the summer and Atheist's yet untitled CD, will be released later in the year. Season really stepped up to the plate to get this done, for this is also a highly unique situation for technical death metal. Three members of Gnostic are also in Atheist. With me on drums for both bands, Chris Baker on lead guitar for both and Jonathan Thompson on bass for Gnostic and guitar for Atheist, these signings represent very significant personal milestones for everybody involved. For me, the Gnostic debut CD is the first, and ONLY, new project I've been involved with since Atheist's "Unquestionable Presence" in 1992. For Kelly Shaefer and me it is the first time that we will collaborate on new Atheist material, also since 1992's "Unquestionable Presence". We'll be bringing in our old friend and Atheist bassist Tony Choy for writing and touring as well. Signing both bands is also a unique coup for Season of Mist and indicative of their cutting-edge attitude. Both bands will be touring together in 2009 in the US and Europe, which means that we will be pulling double duty every night!!"

March 4th, 2009, 5:47 pm
Profile WWW

March 4th, 2009, 10:25 pm
Administrator

the sludge/doom band? I didn't even know they existed anymore!

or am I thinking of Winter now? I dunno

March 4th, 2009, 11:09 pm
Profile WWW

If sludge then Grief, what is something as an equation. I missed them last month live, .. maybe that´s the reason of disbanding. Great band, I hope they will un-disband again (fourth time).

March 5th, 2009, 12:11 am
Administrator

A song from the new CODE album + a bunch of really snazzy photos are uploaded unto myspace... seems Erlandsson ain't full-time member. I think it's lovely, pretty poppy, but still retaining some of that code feel, not as BM perhaps - not surprising as it was recorded at Studio Fredman (at the gates, gothenburg death mecca). Obviously more prog than before, but I like it. And they've never looked better, especially Vicotnik whom I had never though I'd see without make-up & with clean hair! Haha!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=35621362

March 5th, 2009, 12:04 pm
Profile WWW

http://www.gutsofdarkness.com/

March 12th, 2009, 3:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next