View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 2009! 
Administrator

Post 2009!
A new year, a new dawn. Financial crisis, increasing poverty and unemployment, air raid sirens here and there. Progressive rock and hard rock, by the births of King Crimson and Black Sabbath, both enter their fifth decades.
What will happen this year? What should happen? Hopes, wishes, thoughts?

I hope for revolutionary chocks that turn things upside down. What would happen if, for example, the whole black metal elite would just implode? If Satyricon wins the ESC? Would be interesting to observe some major turn-around and reevaluation of all the things the metal world take for granted. What if the ten biggest selling metal bands, including Metallica and Maiden, all would just quit? I think the world of metal needs some kind of chock, a smash in the face of sorts; something needs to stir things up a bit.

Other hopes I have for this year would be a complete abandonment of the term "metal". Can't explain why, but I think that it's time to start over on something new. You might keep the music, but change everything else.

And some music that should appear this year (beyond AGM):
Negative Plane, Furze, Katharsis, Ulver, all are welcome to return with some new music; it has been long for some of the names.
Triptykon, Old Bones, NettleCarrier, are very welcome to release their debuts.
In AGM... well, as I wrote in the other thread, I hope for a lot of newcomers to show some potential, infuse metal with even more fun things.

And of course, Arcturus and Diapsiquir may both happily resurrect, especially the former with Garm. But that's unlikely.

What do you hope for? Anything at all or are you too disillusioned?

January 12th, 2009, 5:38 pm
Profile WWW

January 12th, 2009, 5:42 pm
Profile WWW

Looking forward to Ephel Duath, Unexpect, Stolen Babies, and Believer new albums. And as always I'm hoping for some good new surprises. I was pretty happy with the newcomers this year. Krallice, Pin Up Went Down, Akphaezya and a couple others were very good. Hoping for more in the coming year.

January 12th, 2009, 8:06 pm
Administrator

Yeah, Thorns is one of the words to say here. Also <code> that we know. And Ulver would be nice, too. Dreaming of Arcturus is a thing that will always be there, until it happens or someone dies. :lol: I'd like another Abigor too, I'm curious about what more would come from their minds.
Other things great would be watching a Virus gig, another one of Aura Noir, an new Emperor album (be it composed solely by Ihsahn or not, but be it for Emperor not for Ihsahn solo project, please, this time, please). Also, new material from Fleurety would be sick good. And I can't forget about M and the Konsortium, as I expect debut albums should be announced relatively soon.

On the other hand, less known bands, I expect to get to know more and more good bands, and that some good bands that I have come to know at the end of this year start to take off soon, and I'm talking about some people in this forum's projects, for example, and also other bands that already have taken off but I didn't know before and prepare something probably great, like Bergraven (just listened to the song on myspace and I want more!).

January 12th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Can´t wait for Shining and Anaal Nathrakh! And.... THORNS!!!!

January 13th, 2009, 2:51 am

First of all: I hope to smash my face once again at Metalcamp this year. I love it....and to die in peace while My Dying Bride are playing...

Yes, ok it's not very avantgardish I know

Onother thing: really hope to have a good home made grass this year becuase last year didn't go very well; besides Thorns, Code and other outstanding avantgarde releases, in that way the listenings would be much more enjoyable :lol:

January 13th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Can´t wait for Shining and Anaal Nathrakh! And.... THORNS!!!!

Major ditto for Shining and Anaal.

Will Morfeus record a new album with Mayhem??

January 13th, 2009, 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

I want to finish my master's degree this summer and then start teaching fall 2009. Then I'll, for the first time of my life, have some more money. I'm also starting up a label as we speak. A very busy year and that's what is going to keep me alive! As for the upcoming records... I think you said it all guys! But THORNS is the album I'm waiting for the most though. Aldrahn coming back on us after so many years!

January 13th, 2009, 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Hope the finishing & teaching works out well Olivier. I'm hopefully entering some sort of master's program this autumn, perhaps I'll end up as a librarian, perhaps a journalist, time shall tell.

Oh yeah, had forgotten about Thorns. And Code of course. If Fleurety gets that 7" out we might actually have some AGM elite releases after all.

January 13th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Can't believe I forgot to mention some new shit by Age of Silence... :shock:

January 14th, 2009, 9:21 pm

January 14th, 2009, 11:10 pm
Administrator

Anyway it is highly expected and patiently awaited by me... but I hope that at least we can see some Andy Winter release this year, be it his own project or something interesting with another band... but I think that the two only he is working on are AoS and his solo right now (or maybe some new Sculptured too?).

Awaiting also for the new Secrets of the Moon album. Fuck, awaiting this thread to be full of impressions on all this new music we expect. :lol:

January 15th, 2009, 12:17 am

are Manes coming out with a new album this year, as you know?

January 15th, 2009, 1:53 pm
Administrator

I think Manes called it quits sometime last year, but I'm not sure, they might have reformed. But I'm pretty sure they are completely cancelled.

January 15th, 2009, 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

Ephel Duath - Through my Dog's Eyes (26 January)

January 15th, 2009, 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next