View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Progrock/kraut/zeuhl/RIO 
Administrator

Man, I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't played in Sweden since the fourth or fifth original RIO festival in Uppsala (arranged by Samla Mammas Manna).

Are there any original 1313/Heresie members left besides Denis?

April 6th, 2009, 10:25 pm
Profile WWW

Only Michael Berckmans who was on Heresie, the rest is mostly new guys. I hope band will go on with new material soon, cause they sounds very fresh, I guess it´s Kurt who gave UZ lot of energy.

I appreciate how UZ´s sound envelopes during their discograhpy with personel changes. Like the era of Hanappier(Heresie) and then quite radical change with Andy Kirk...

Heh, UZ were playing here for second time. Yea, and they wanted to play on some rock fest here during 80´s, but were not let through the borders. Huh, were probly importing so dangerous capitalistic music here.

April 6th, 2009, 11:15 pm

Hell! I just gave proper listens to Present - Triskaidekaphobie / Le Poison Qui Rend Fou, and I must say it is absolutely superb.
My another current discovery is Bubblemath - Such fine particles of the universe, a little Cardiacs-esque, furious and somehow very humorous.. perfect stuff indeed.
Longer time I am listening to Happy family - Tosco, saw it on progarchives mentioned as a zeuhl masterpiece so I couldnt resist to taste it ...good japanese madness definitely

April 18th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Profile ICQ
Administrator

I've only seen/heard Present on youtube, but I really should try get my paws on something proper by them.

Happy Family one-hand clap? Haha. Zeuhl in the Magma way or more freaked out like Ruins?

April 18th, 2009, 8:14 pm
Profile WWW

I've only seen/heard Present on youtube, but I really should try get my paws on something proper by them.

Happy Family one-hand clap? Haha. Zeuhl in the Magma way or more freaked out like Ruins?

hm... I think it is something in between.

May 15th, 2009, 9:00 pm
Profile ICQ

Hell !!! Present are releasing new album very early. It could be really SOMETHING.
looks: http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ ... n_troppo_/

October 18th, 2009, 3:06 pm
Profile ICQ

Huh, Dave Kerman together with Daniel Denis on the drums,...

October 21st, 2009, 3:39 pm

Hmmm... There's alot of recommendations I should check out when I have the time. You guys are fountains of musical knowleadge (if one doesn't know something, the others will) :). I just kissed ass, but you deserve it :lol:

I was just listening to Koenji Hyakkei's Hundred Sights of Koenji (1994). Man, this is good. The songs are either repetitive (not in bad way) or really wacky (those are the highlights for me). Liking Ruins, I will definitively search the Zeuhl subgenre some more. Really weird stuff. Does anyone have something from the Yoshida Tatsuya solo project?

December 4th, 2009, 1:16 am
Profile WWW

Searching more zeuhl/rio, try def new Magma release - Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré

December 4th, 2009, 1:43 pm
Administrator

Well, I must read this topic from start to end when I have the time. Yesterday I read about Koenji Hyakkei (among Magma and others) and decided to check it out. Spotify -> Search -> Magic! The 2005 album is there. I was shocked, it's the strangest thing I listen to in some time, and I liked it, which is more relevant. Although it was a bit late so I was fine with only half of the album.

I have noticed that Faust are also there, but not Magma. I'll add this genres to my list of to do. Still have to check out early "Krautwerk", Can, Ruins, Magma, Faust, the album I have of Amon Duul II and all this stuff, and arrange it in my mind. But for the moment consider me interested in this (or at least Zeuhl), one more thing to be aware of, fuck, I need a separate life just to listen to new things lately.

January 27th, 2010, 1:10 pm

@Adryuu : I'm listening to this on spotify at the moment... It's really strange, I don't like it that much, but I'm gonna listen to more songs, before saying anything :p

January 27th, 2010, 2:42 pm
Profile WWW

My opinion. To get in touch with rio/zeuhl music, you gotta listen whole discographies, or some complete series. Something like first 3-4 Univers Zero releases. Or whole Magma´s Hamtaahk or Köhntarkösz trilogy. Or anything else from the right point to another(for an example - Stormy Six were not really rio for whole time). Just because I guess in this genre is more that ever important to hear the music ´progressing, forming, completing, transforming´... It´s not so easy to find your way into, even with easy listening bands like Etron Fou Leloublan, 5uu´s ...not speaking about really freaked-out projects like Art Bears...

January 28th, 2010, 12:18 pm
Administrator

Post Re: Progrock/kraut/zeuhl/RIO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hd9M71D ... r_embedded

UNIVERS ZERO "Jack the Ripper" + ART ZOYD, from 1980 I think. Amazing!

January 29th, 2012, 1:56 pm
Profile WWW

Goddamn, in 2012 I totally lost a clue about news in avant-rock. Only thing I am familiar with is Thinking Plague - Decline and Fall (good album).

December 25th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Profile ICQ
Administrator

New MAGMA (Felicite Thösz or sth)? Only heard one track, which was amazing. Did not know that Thinking Plague were at it again!

December 25th, 2012, 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next